Sunday, July 3, 2011

So you're wondering... "What is Novetry?"

Hello and welcome, I'm Krista :)

I write novetry. Now, I realize you might be (probably are) asking yourself "what is novetry?" Well, it's poetry inspired by novels. I take a passage, chapter, or the entire tone of a book and write poetry based on the characters, feelings, and/or personal reflections. I wish to share this art with fellow book lovers in the hopes they might appreciate and connect to their love of a story in a new way. THE TWILIGHT SAGA has been a dominant inspiration so far. In addition to Twilight, I also have a list of others that I am working on including Jane Austen novels and Harry Potter.

THE WHY:
More often than not, I find myself reeling after getting lost in a book, whether it's my first encounter or re-reading a dog-eared passage of a favored novel. All the emotions of the story stir within my heart and I am moved beyond stillness. Words and thoughts ache to convert and flow through me, destined to converge into something more…something lyrical.

That is how novetry came to be. It’s wholly unique while indelibly linked. What I read becomes a part of me and I become inspired to create anew. To convey the story in a different way or reflect on the lessons, feelings, and characters involved.

THE INTERACTIVE:
In addition to sharing my work, I see this as a creative exercise as well. I am open to suggestions of books/passages for which you would like me to create novetry :)

I hope this introduction is sufficient enough to explain my art as well as garner interest in keeping up with my work. Thank you for reading and I'll be posting my first entry soon. HINT: It's Twilight-inspired ;)

xoxo Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment